Wednesday, January 28, 2009

baby baby i love you!!

I am doing a card swap with my good crafty friends at essential baby (who should send me their blog addys so I can put them on my listy list). Here are my efforts for January and February. february Involved a baby card with the optional extra of using ribbon. I decided this would be an excellent way to use up all those scrappy end of ribbons that are just not enough to do anything cool with. I made my baby using polymer clay and a ginger bread man cutter. baby got cooked in the oven for about 5 mins (imagine if our own pregancies were that quick :>) and left to cool. I layered baby onto some corrugated yellow card, bright orange Su card and finally some basic black SU card. I scallop punched the edge and added some left over ribbons and some stripey adhesive paper. Down the bottom I have stamped welcome baby from the short and sweet stamp set-one of the most versatile sets Su ahs to offer in my humble opinion...just because I probably use mine every time I stamp!!! My january card was a congratulations card with the optional extra of uisng metallics. I used the stamp set a happy heart from the summer mini catalogue. I stamped with versamark onto white gloss card. Then I embossed with gold (and a touch of cranberry added to give it a twist) powder. Then I rubbed over the image with my daubers a mixture of river rock, choc chip and some bronze inks. when they were dry I gave them a bit of a rub over with my sanding block to give it a more textured look to it. The I mounted this onto some scalloped black card and some newspapery paper I have had for yonks but never found a use for..until now :> I added a bit of gold ribbon leftover from my christmas card making stash and then stuck it all onto black card...ta da! oh and I rounded the corners too and wrote congratualtions insdie with gold gel pen. If you ever feel like joing our merry bunch of card makers at essential baby feel free to drop on in. You'll find us here...http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index.php?showforum=169 thanks for looking cheers ears The friendly cow, all red and white, I love with all my heart: She gives me cream with all her might, To eat with apple-tart. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments :