Tuesday, June 15, 2010

magical magic boxes

hey there campers! it has been a busy week or so in my little part of paper land. i have had a whole heap of celebrations land at my feet so i have been busy buys busy making presents the one i am showing off today is called a magic box and i got the idea from this very clever lady called barbara you should check out all the amazing creations at her blog this box was made for my friend for her birthday. her favoiurite colour is red. i also decided i really really really needed to go through my stash of dsp and use it up before some of it became too retired lmao
here is the box all closed up. i made a cute little birthday cake for the top using punches and ribbon
take the lid off and inside is a cardboard peice of cake complete with candle. open the whole box up by taking the ribbon off and you get this! this is a 12x12 sheet of dsp divided into 9 even squares then i stuck co-ordinating card onto them the lid comes off the cake to be a gift box. i did the lid with whisper white card and embossed it with my big shotinside is the real present a necklace and earrings! i'll be back later alligators for some more looksies at what i have been making cheers ears

2 comments :

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I was so happy to receive your e-mail to tell me of your wonderful creation! It is beautiful - what a wonderful gift you have made for your friend! I love it!

The paper you used is one of my all time favorites - love that pattern! The cake, the cake slice with the lovely jewelry - in addition to the Magic Box - amazing! Lucky friend to receive this gift made with such thought and caring! :<)

Thank you for the kind words and the link to my blog. I love your blog and will now follow you to see what new projects you create!

Wishing you a happy week!

Barbara Diane

Unknown said...

yay barbara! it is lovely to see oyu here and thanks for popping by. your blog is so inspirational and you even have me wanting to take up sewing lol