Wednesday, May 18, 2011

pirate pete

ahoy me hearties!

i was a bit gutted this year about not going to stampin up's convention 
but my sensible brain kicked in and made me use that valuable money for sensible stuff 
like my children's ballet lessons and soccer registration...sigh...

but on the bright side i managed to make some swaps and get my lovely friends to swap on my behalf!

so if you were lucky enough to get one of my swaps and have come here to figure out how i did them-here is a very quick tutorial on how pirate pete was made!

 pirate pete is made from only a few punches
3/4" circle (head, scarf)
1/2" circle (scarf, shoe)
small oval (body, sword)
star (peg leg)
heart to heart (handle of sword, eye patch)
plus squares and strips cut to size as needed
also don't forget to add all the features with a marker-i used a night of navy one
plus a googley eye (man those things rock!)
i put him on a pillow box so he can be used as a party treat-inside were some gold coins!

cheers ears

No comments :