Sunday, August 12, 2012

the cow turns 40

i turn 40 this year 
and celebrated with a nice relaxed party at my place 
with friends and family
no queen until dawn any more
-i'm too old for that kind of mischief now :>

and you will be pleased to know my celebration was full of hand made goodness


my birthday album made with domestic goddess paper and some beautiful ceramic buttons i picked up at a quilt show.
 i'll show the inside when it gets finished........
 my awesomely amazing cow cake made by my incredibly talented friend
 recycled candle jars. 
i used fake candles and added some paper butterflies and some vintage lace ribbon
 recycled chandelier.
i used an old op-shop metal tray to hand the jars off.
for future reference use baby food jars for this as it can get quite heavy :>
 the photo corner.
i got friends to put on various props and costumes and we got some seriously hilarious photos as wonderful memories of my special day
 an old kitchen hutch i decorated with candles and vases 
with fake flowers
my dessert bar made by my beautiful friend at forkista
my favourites were the pistachio chocolate balls of tasty goodness
nom nom nom
although the white chocolate rocky road with snakes and pineapple lumps in were an extremely close second

cheers ears

1 comment :

Terry said...

Fun, fun blog! Happy Birthday!!! I am now following you on Facebook (I found you on Stampin' Connection) and hope you'll follow my blog at http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com.

Hugs,

Terry