Tuesday, September 30, 2008

fimo is my friend

....so it has been a busy week or so doing workshops and having clingy whinging teething babies around and not much has been done in regards to my mighty blog...but now I return and hey presto..I have stuff to show! As some of you know my other love is fimo aka polymer clay. I have been playing with it since a teenager (I wont say how many years ago that is!!) and I love it. Having kids has kind of pushed it a bit into the too hard basket for some reason and I haven't managed to do as much as I have previously. However, I have been having a play with clay and the beautiful range of stamps courtesy of Stampin' Up. The Always stamp set from the spring mini catalogue is just inspiring and beautiful and really easy to adapt into polymer clay. To make it just roll out your clay on ye old pasta machine to a 4. Squash your stamp onto the clay. Then with a dauber, shade the clay with chalk or ink. Add a few mini beads and poke any holes in bits. Put a pin on the back (if you are making a badge). Cook for around 5 mins at 150c. Leave to cool and then add some glitter or rhinestones. You can also use these on cards too as the main picture or element. On this card I used the Seaside Sketches stamp set to make this Father's day card. I used a dark blue clay and stamped a mixture of metallic inks onto the surface before baking it. I am not 100% happy with it-it needs 'something' but not sure what though....I am sure it will come to me when I am mowing the lawns some time :> Cheers ears When a cow laughs, does milk come out her nose? ~Author Unknown

No comments :