Friday, October 23, 2009

what do stampers do....

when they are married to board game geeks? why they stamp the night away in peace and quiet whilst their hubbies play board games with their geeky board gaming friends. mind you, hubby did have to leave ample snacks behind before he left....mmmmm.....whittakers kiwifruit chocolate....mmmmm ok enough rambling miss siobhan has a 6th birthday party to go to tomorrow and I promised her that i would make her friend some thing cool with my Stampin Up stuff.... so I have I just hope I have met my picky client's brief lol If you haven't guessed it is a fairy party! So...that is why we have a magical glittery fairy wand made with pink passion and kiwi kiss card stock. I have stamped a flourish from Season of Joy (man oh man that flourish is sooooooo useful lol) in Basic Black. Then I punched out a couple of circles and a scallop circle and added plenty of olive supernova glitter..yeah I know...looks like gold huh? I then added a ribbon from my collection...ssshhhh...it's not SU stuff! don't tell! but it says party girl on it and is kiwi kiss flavoured so I thought I should use it. Next was the tin. This was rescued from the recycling bin and cleaned up. I added some retired dsp to the outside and added some ribbon to the tops. I also punched out some stars and added the spirally tree from trendy trees to the middle in basic black. I punched out holes with my cropadile (did i ever mention how cool that thing is?) out of the tin and put in a wire handle and added some ribbon to that. Because the tin was a bit rusty on the inside I also put in some plain white paper with classic stars rolled over it to hide it and pretty it up. Inside the tin is a small cello bag of hair clips and a necklace. The cello bag was stamped with white staz on with classic stars wheel stamp and tied together with silver thread and 3 punched out stars. The hair clips inside are buttons glued onto plain pink and purple hair clips with tombow...I am waiting to see if the tombow is girl-proof lol. The card is a fairy (non SU) that I have covered in various shades of pink and purple glitter after stamping it with versamark and black embossing powder. okies...all done now...am off to bed and wait for the ungodly hour that my hubby will return to tell me of his glorious victories!!! cheers ears

No comments :