Sunday, October 25, 2009

natural cards

now as you may have guessed my cards tend to be a bit bright and bold... not much subtle going on unless you count subtle as a truck lol. so i thought doing a card swap using natural elements in it would be good for me and it would also see me using up all those colours that i seem to have loads of like browns and greens i used one of my favourite stamp sets 'inspired by nature'. this set is just beautiful and i have used the grass side. the lovely niamh is modelling it for me with her cutest cheesey grin lol!!! first i coloured the background using water colour crayons in the rich regals colours which i washed over with an aqua painter. then I have layered different colours of grass onto watercolour paper using a mixture of earth element inks.after it had all dried i glues some yellow seed beads onto the grass to add texture and a bit of bling lol the finished card was then stuck to some white gloss and card stock. i tied some twine around and tied it all together with some buttons from my collection. I also added the 'live with passion' phrase to the side. these cards are for my essential baby cardmakers swap for november so i had better post them off shortly. cheers ears

No comments :