Saturday, March 26, 2011

mother's day gift

mother's day is hard for me
i lost my mum 3 years ago to lung cancer 
i miss her love and advice and her wonderful take on the world

i think of her every day 
and have a photo on my fridge of the last time we had her visit us when 
she was still healthy and able to do stuff.

for my mother's day this year i decided to make myself a present with this photo in mind
 i punched out a mum and daughter using the following punches
owl punch (mum hair, mum top, girl top, girl skirt)
word window (legs)
3/4" circle (girl face, neck, fringe)
1" circle (mum face, neck, fringe)
tag punch(ears)
trio flower(sleeves)
xl oval (mum skirt, arms))
large oval(girl hair, arms)
scallop edge(mum skirt)
heart to heart(shoes)

 ah that's better...now they are having a cuddle :>

then i stuck them to a frame with my fridge photo and 
the junior type alphabet (thanks for the lend leonie!)
and mum is displayed a bit more nicely in our home

have a wonderful mother's day everyone and give them all a big hug

cheers ears

6 comments :

valita said...

great punch art ! :)

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Beautiful idea, beautiful Mum, beautiful punch art = a beautiful memory!

Wishing you a great day today!

Barbara Diane

Anonymous said...

Nifty idea! so cute.....Pansy

Carolyn said...

Love your punch art Claire you a so clever and I love how sentimental you are about your Mum. Mums are precious and in our hearts forever! Good luck with teaching applications! love Carolyn

Patrice said...

Oh Clare this will be my third Mother's day without my mum too. I lost her 2.5 years ago under similar circumstances.

I love your little pressie to self, very clever.

PS: I too am a kiwi girl living in Australia, who doesn't eat hokey pokey ice cream. lol

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Such a beautiful idea to give a gift to yourself. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Book Jacob in! He'd love to come stay and protect your glue! I'm following too!