Friday, March 25, 2011

thank you patsy

nothing i love more than great comments!
i want to thank patsy for giving me this idea.
she suggested a wood grain would be a cool thing to try with the leftover bits of rubber from the stamps so i gave it a go!
 firstly i drew my wood pattern on some heavy duty card
then i carefully cut out thin bits of rubber to match the lines.
this is easier said than done and my end result looked a little different to my first sketch lol

getting the rubber thin is quite tricky 

 i stamped it with some chocolate chip and rubbed some tangerine tango over the top.

i think it needs some work as it is a bit chunky 
it may look better as a zebra stripe lol
but it was fun!

thanks for the great idea patsy...now off to clean scissors with some eucalyptus oil :>

patsy please send me your snail mail address to clare@crafty-cow.com as I have a small gift for you sweets for your awesome comment!

cheers ears

1 comment :

Erin said...

I've been meaning to "make a stamp" with my left over rubber but haven't got around to it. I think this one looks like a tiger print, especially with the colours you've done. I love it.