Friday, May 20, 2011

just add ink challenge

over at just add ink this week is a colour combo

oooooooooooooooo tricky!

here is what i came up with

 this cute little bird was made using 
large oval punch (head)
13/4" circle punch (body)
13/8" circle punch (tummy)
3/4" circle (white eye)
1/2" circle (black eye)
2 step bird (wings, hair)
cupcake (beak)
owl (legs)
trio flowers (white blossom)
leaves #2 die
i also used some botanical dsp for the branch and pear pizazz dsp for the leaves
and some pale plum diamantes to the flowers

 i also added some rub ons
the background card is baja with whisper white sponged all over to give it a more subdued tone
the birds tummy has had a bit of roughing up courtesy of my finger nail lol

this is going to go up in my girls' room

cheers ears

9 comments :

Kim Tonnet said...

Good to see you made something after the icky week. Very cute birdie. Luv K

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I'd have to dub you the 'Aussie Punch Art Queen' - this is so cute. Love having you as a Guest DT.

Unknown said...

A cute cute cute project, love the punch art.

Nikki Spencer said...

Great project Clare, love the stamped frame, your girls will love having it in thier room l'm sure and nice to have you on the DT.

Corinna said...

Clare, I love birdies - so it's no surprise that I absolutely love your JAI creation. In fact I think I need to CASE one for myself! TFS

KimB said...

I bet the girls love it - how cute is that birdie. You're one clever lady with punches!
Kim

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
The cards are creative, funny and interesting,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Marlena M. said...

What an adorable bird...great idea! ;)

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love this little owl! Your creations are wonderful!

Wishing you a great weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane