Monday, January 16, 2012

giving and recieving

i love recieving gifts and getting gifts
come on now-who doesn't???
so i was VERY pleased to be part of the INKLINGS secret santa this year.

i have to fess up and say that my secret santa Belinda was landed 
with the vague idea of 'anything orange' and boy did she do a great job!
amongst the chocolates, ribbon, material and other goodies she made this amazing card.
 it is called a multifold card designed by the talented odette kermode
it works well as a card and as a scrapbooking layout too
 i loved it so much i had to case it so i did!!
i used razzleberry, pumpkin pie and vanilla on mine.
i embossed the razzleberry with an embossing folder that i then rubbed over with white ink with touches of pumpkin and suede.
 the vanilla i rolled vintage lace in white. then i quick dried it and stamped images from the established elegance set in pumpkin.
then i went over all of that with some friendly words in vintage sepia versamark ink. after that i sprinkled clear embossing powder over it all and heated it to give it a shine. to top it off i sponged the edges and a bit in the middle just to make it more vintagey
 the belly band had a pin on it with some beads attached to a heart and some orange ribbon tied to it.
 in the middle i added some ribbon, a square brad and an element from the friendly words roller. i wrote my message on a tag attached with dimensionals.
i also rolled suede over the back of the card to really finish it off.
i hope my recipient liked it :>

cheers ears


ps thanks to all of you for your lovely jubbley comments and emails. it is so nice to hear from you all from all around the world :>
here is a link to the instructions because my email box can't quite keep up with you and i suspect i may have lost some of you :< so sorry

4 comments :

Karen said...

That is an awesome card! Can you share how you made it/folded it? It looks so fun, but may be too difficult for me...my hands are getting old! I think my email will appear in the identity account. Thanks and happy stamping!

Unknown said...

karen please contact me at clare@crafty-cow.com and i will happily send you out the badly written instruction :>

Mary Gregor said...

Clare--this is card is beautiful. I would love the step by step. Could you send them to me. mbgregor@hotmail.com

Thank You!!

Melissa said...

I would love the instructions as well...may I contact you too?