Wednesday, March 16, 2011

thank you

this week i started back at the coal face that is primary school teaching.
i am currently a relief on-call teacher so can go any where at any primary level on my work days.
it's all new teaching here in australia for me and it is a bit like being a beginning teacher again...
but with balls lol

my first school had the most friendliest office lady i have ever met
(you DO know they are the ones that REALLY run the school don't you??)
who patiently helped me fill in forms and talk to the tax department and fax pay forms 
all with a smile, a sense of humour and a cheerful disposition.

so i thought that she needed a card from me


just add ink had a sketch challenge this week that i thought i would use to help make my thank you card.
it seemed to be perfect for what i wanted to achieve.
 i used the sweet summer set from 
sale-a-bration to get a vintagey-feel kind of card. 
i got some confetti cardstock and some sahara sand ink to get my colours going and added some vintage lace and some copper wire for my bow and a tiny bit to the 3d butterfly. i added some tiny pearls to the top of the flower and gently sponged everything down.


 i also did the inside to make it all look pretty too :>

must remember to send it off asap

cheers ears

1 comment :

Carolyn said...

I LOVE this card Claire you have inspired me to want the Sweet Summer Set even tho I havn't like it much so far! Also love the peep hole thats a great idea I must try. Hope you are enjoying the teachering and get some $$ and satisfaction! take care Caz xx